(If This Option Is Offered By Your Agency)
In order for you to obtain loan information or initiate a loan, you may access your personal account at the HART Website www.hart-retire.com or call a Customer Service Representative at 1-888-801-3534 between the hours of 9:00 a.m. –
5:00 p.m. (EST). When asked for your PIN number, press 0 for assistance.
LOANS: The following are the general loan provisions and restrictions which your agency adopted:
- All loan requests must be initiated either by accessing your personal account at www.hart-retire.com or by
calling a Customer Service Representative at 1-888-801-3534 between the hours of 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (EST).
When asked for your PIN number, press 0 for assistance.
- Minimum loan amount — $1,000.
- The amount available for a loan is 50% of the participant’s vested account balance, with a maximum of $50,000.
Since accounts are valued each day, the amount available will be determined by the value of the vested account
balance on the day the loan is requested.The total amount of all loans cannot exceed $50,000, reduced by the highest outstanding balance of loans from the
Plan during the one year period ending on the day before the loan is made.
- Terms range from 12 months to 60 months.
- The interest rate will be calculated at New York prime, plus 1%. Please note that you are paying the interest back
to your own account.
- The initial loan fee application will be $75.00 which will be taken from your account.
- Only one loan is permitted at a time.
- Loan repayments, including interest, will be made via payroll deduction and credited to your account.
- No penalties for early payoff; however, it must be a lump sum payoff.
- Failure to make payments on your loan will result in a default. To prevent a default, if you are laid off or on an
unpaid leave of absence, you may make arrangements with your employer to continue making loan payments.
- If you terminate employment and have an outstanding loan balance, the balance of that loan becomes immediately
due and payable. Unless the loan is repaid in full prior to termination, the remaining loan amount is treated as a
distribution from the Plan and is subject to taxation. This will occur whether or not you request a distribution of
your vested retirement account balance. The Form 1099R will be forwarded to you and the taxable information will
be reported to the Internal Revenue Service. However, if you do not withdraw your account balance from the
retirement plan and your agency’s joinder agreement provides for it, you may be able to make arrangements
to continue making loan payments. Please contact the Plan Administrator (1-800-798-2044) for special
instructions. For tax implications, you should consult your tax advisor.
You must be an active employee to request a loan. Loans are paperless. Your endorsement on the back of the check is your
acknowledgment of the terms of the loan.
Loans are processed daily. Assuming you initiate a loan by 4:00 P.M. Eastern Standard Time on any business day, your
check will be mailed the next business day. Checks are sent via US Mail from ADP in Salem, New Hampshire; so please
allow adequate time for mail delivery. In most cases, this would be three to five business days after the check is mailed.